La Belle Epoque, 1984 Wellington
Friday, January 6th, 6:30 pm
From Wall Street all the way to the West Coast, this fall saw a series of
tent cities, building occupations, direct actions, a port shutdown, and a
general strike under the banner of “Occupy”. This event will be a few obdurate feminists sharing their experiences with Occupy Oakland, Occupy
Baltimore, and Occupy Wall Street, followed by a discussion. This will
also be a space for people to share their own reflections and experiences
with Occupy Montreal.
Topics that will be covered:
* Race, Gender, and Class composition in Occupies
* Attitudes towards the police and violence
* Does occupy have an analysis?
* The Liberal Counterrevolution
* Camp as Tent-City vs. Camp as Revolutionary Commune
* Blocking Capital Circulation; Ports and beyond
* Power Hierarchies in occupies