HEY Y’ALL MK HAS AN UPDATE FOR YOU!
Starting this year, Midnight Kitchen will be serving Monday-Thursday at 12:30PM.
We will no longer be serving on Fridays this year! This is because our Friday servings have always been the least attended, and we want to make room for new things!
But never fear, ultimately it will make MK better! Not serving on Fridays will allow us to make room for new, different projects.
New things MK will be doing this year:
- Serving breakfast again! 2 days a week, specific days to be determined and announced in the next few weeks!
- Weekend Catered Study Session
- This is a project for student parents in collaboration with PGSS and SSMU. Study space and childcare will be provided and MK will be serving food! These will take place once a month, dates to be announced soon.
- Student Parents & Caregivers collective kitchens
- Last year MK collaborated a few times with the Family Care Coordinator at SEDE to host collective kitchens with student parents and caregivers, with childcare provided and enough food for families to take some home with them. This year we will be doing it once a month; dates to be announced soon!
- Having 3 days of volunteer orientation
- This year we will have volunteer orientation 3 days in a row to accommodate more people’s schedules! These will take place on Monday Sept 12th, Tuesday 13th, Wednesday Sept 14th: all will start around 1pm directly following the MK serving! If you want to volunteer, you only need to go to one of these, you aren’t required to go to all of them.
- Collective orientation
- Joining the collective is a perfect way to be get more involved in MK! The collective orientation, where you can learn all about what it means to be on the collective, will be on Thursday September 15th from 5:30-8pm in the white room #420 on the 4th floor of SSMU
Still left lookin’ for a place to eat on Fridays? Check out the Rabbit Hole Cafe on Aylmer!
See you soon!